The role of the Business Development Executive is to structure and propose solutions, negotiate, meet company revenue targets and finalise contracts. You will maximise company revenues by identifying the customer’s technology needs first, and based on that, you will recommend the appropriate solution. You will provide dedicated account management, with a focus on business development.
What is attractive about this role is the balancing between account management and business development. Our diverse and market-leading technology enables you to tailor bespoke solutions for every key player in the industry, from banks and asset management firms to portfolio advisors and managers.
We also offer a professional training program and career growth.
- Generate new business opportunities with prospective clients by targeting all markets;
- Take ownership of the full sales cycle from generating leads, demonstrating the product, pricing, negotiation, and closing;
- Systematically build a strong pipeline of relevant opportunities to deliver against sales targets and ensure KPIs are met;
- Build and maintain an in-depth understanding of our products, as well as providing feedback on client requirements for new features, by working closely with our in-house team and top management;
- Attend events to network, generate leads, and raise interest in our solutions;
- Work with our strong marketing team to identify leads gathered from webinars and events;
- Providing management with detailed live information on pipeline, target lists and activity, as well as giving feedback from clients;
- You will have the chance to help build the customer service side of the business and potentially work with other team members to develop our operations infrastructure for the next period of growth.
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- B2B institutional sales skills;
- Excellent presentation skills;
- Broad knowledge of financial technologies;
- Understanding the business environment and regulatory changes in the financial services sector;
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-growing environment;
- Excellent command of English (verbal and written);
- Excellent selling skills built on trust and reliability and a professional approach.
The ideal candidate will preferably have experience in the following areas:
- Sales: 3 years (in a financial technology company) or similar work experience at an either financial or technology company (4 years)
- Sales metrics: 1 year
- Negotiation: 2 years
- Sales development/cycle: 2 years
- You will also have an in-depth understanding of the asset, wealth management, and banking sectors or relevant working experience in a bank, wealth or asset management company.
Higher education degree in any related field (i.e.: business, finance, technology, etc.)